Reduce Inflammation and Relieve Asthma at the Dinner Table
If you struggle with allergies or asthma, you are no doubt familiar with the concept of foods that fight inflammation.
However, even women who don’t struggle with respiratory disease can experience chronic inflammation as a result of conditions such as diabetes, depression, and cancer. Inflammation of any kind can leave your body feeling swollen, tight, and uncomfortable.
Your diet is one of the surest ways to trigger or treat inflammation, as the foods you eat have a significant impact on your health and your body’s ability to fight off inflammatory triggers. The following nine foods can serve as options for an inflammation cure, improving your condition right at the dinner table:
1. Avocado: Avocados are a must for your inflammation diet because they offer an antihistamine called glutathione, which is anti-inflammatory and helps to protect your body from free radicals.
2. Blueberries: Blueberries are one of the sources of quercetin, a flavonoid that combats inflammation. Furthermore, the compound pterostilbene found in blueberries can help ward off the effects of environmental pollutants, which are known asthma triggers.
3. Broccoli: Broccoli is one of the most powerful natural anti inflammatory foods because it’s rich in antioxidants and provides a blend of carotenoids, key vitamins, and flavonoids that aid in reducing inflammation in the body.
4. Dark chocolate: While many sugary sweets can bring on asthma attack--as sugar is one of the foods that cause inflammation--dark chocolate helps to widen the bronchi and improve your airflow. This is because the cocoa beans that make dark chocolate contain theobromine, a mild bronchodilator.
5. Fatty fish: Omega-3 fatty acids, which are abundant in fish such as salmon, are a natural anti inflammatory.
6. Ginger: Ginger is potent in its anti inflammatory abilities, in addition to aiding with pain relief and weight loss, due to its high level of antioxidants. It can be enjoyed raw, cooked, or as a tasty chew.
7. Leafy greens: In particular, spinach is a great source of vitamin A, C, and K, which are natural anti inflammatory vitamins. They can protect the body against free radical damage resulting in oxidative stress.
8. Turmeric: Turmeric is a natural asthma treatment, stopping asthma symptoms by dilating the blood vessels to promote better blood flow. Turmeric can be added to a number of dishes, including delicious golden milk.
9. Walnuts: Walnuts offer some rare yet important phytonutrients, but best of all, they are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, which are important in a diet to reduce inflammation.
Addressing chronic inflammation in the body is crucial to protecting your respiratory health and helping you feel happy and energetic once again, and it can also help you lose belly fat fast. Whether you struggle with a respiratory condition such as asthma or another source of chronic inflammation, I invite you to contact Sage Nutrition and Healing Center in Little Silver, New Jersey, today. I look forward to helping you understand your dietary needs so you can avoid inflammatory foods and develop your custom New Jersey weight loss program.