Mealtime should not be an either-or dilemma of catering to your immune system or your libido. When you eat a healthy, balanced diet, you don’t have to choose between delicious foods that increase libido and superfoods that prevent cancer.
Here are seven meal ready foods that contribute to cancer prevention and increase your sex drive:
1. Arugula: In addition to being a delicious part of your salad, arugula has greater potential to prevent cancer than most other cruciferous vegetables, including broccoli, cabbage, and radishes. This is due to the phytochemicals it produces that induce detoxifying enzymes to rid your body of carcinogenic substances. Arugula also boosts testosterone levels, which increases sexual desire.
2, Cherries: Sour cherries are an excellent source for quercetin which is a flavonoid that has antioxidant and anticarcinogenic properties. Another beneficial property found in cherries is anthocyanins, which not only provide the fruit’s red hue but also help you maintain a healthy sex drive.
3. Coffee: A regular intake of coffee may lower your risk of cancer, reports the National Cancer Institute, where researchers found that patients who drink at least four cups of coffee a day are 15% less likely to develop colon cancer than patients who don’t drink coffee. The Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard School also performed studies that show coffee can help reduce the likelihood of basal cell carcinoma. Coffee is also a great source of caffeine, which elevates stamina, mood, and dopamine levels in your brain, leading to a higher sex drive. Though, if you are caffeine sensitive, I recommend that you limit your intake to small amounts early in the day.
4. Garlic: The sulfur compounds found in garlic stimulate the immune system against cancer, preventing cancers of the intestines and stomach. Garlic is also an excellent libido booster thanks to its ability to stimulate blood flow to all areas of your body, including your pelvic area.
5. Pomegranates: Researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles found that drinking eight ounces of pomegranate juice a day slows rising prostate-specific antigens (PSA) levels--which can indicate the presence of cancer--for patients who have undergone cancer treatment in the past. Pomegranates are another excellent source of nutrients that help increase the flow of blood and improving your libido.
6. Salmon: Fatty fish contain several cancer-fighting nutrients, including Vitamin B12 for red blood cell production, omega-3 fatty acids for muscle strength, and Vitamin D for bone health.